EMS Today 2017 is this weekend at the Calvin L. Rampton Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. There’s plenty to do and see! Here are our top five suggestions.
1. Head to the exhibit hall. See the latest in EMS technology, including recent developments in education and simulation. New this year is the Hands-On Experience and Learning Center, which gives attendees the opportunity to test drive new equipment, learn new skills, and put them to the test. Discover techniques to improve on-the-job performance and clinical decision making.
2. Stop by Booth 1835 to see what Pocket Nurse® adds to the mix. We have specialty Demo Dose® Simulated Medication for EMS, including the Demo Dose Naloxon Hydrochlorid Kit and the Demo Dose RSI Kit for rapid intubation. We are also featuring new bags and boards from Iron Duck®. You can get your first look at the brand new First in Bag product, developed by Pocket Nurse and an EMS consultant to address the needs of EMTs in simulation scenarios.
3. Speaking of simulation scenarios, the JEMS Games feature a challenging and educational simulation exercise for an EMS team. Each team is called on to provide high-quality, compassionate care to multiple patients during a mass casualty incident. It’s fast-paced to help EMS personnel practice and refine their skills to be prepared for what they will encounter in the field. Don’t miss out on the action (plus, you can earn 1 CEH just for watching)!
4. Go on a ride-along. EMS Today attendees can register for free ride-alongs on a Gold Cross Ambulance or with one of several fire departments. Learn how first responders live, work, and ride in these immersive experiences.
5. Continue your education. EMS Today provides opportunities for career development, networking, and celebrate the service that EMTs and paramedics provide to their communities. Conferences and workshops provide progressive education developed by industry experts and JEMS contributors, and using the latest equipment from leading manufacturers.
JEMS has more suggestions here for you to make the most of the EMS Today conference and exposition.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #EMSToday2017 to follow along via social media.
Demo Dose: For instructional use only. Not for human or animal use.